In this project students research the meaning of their own first names and consider whether the meaning actually fits their character. Participants will answer the following questions about their first names:
What is your first name?What language is it in?
What does it mean? https://www.familyeducation.com/baby-names/browse-origin/first-name
Is there anything interesting or unusual about your first name?
What city/country do you live in?
How many people do you know who have the same first name as you?
Does the meaning of your first name suit your character?
Do you like your name?
What other name would you choose?
After answering the questions participants write, type or draw their names in a way that illustrates its meaning.
* to give students an opportunity to investigate the meaning of their own first names and consider how that meaning fits their character.
* to participate in a multi-cultural and global collaborative environment.
* to be aware of cultural and language differences and similarities
* to share interesting facts about their first names with other students.
* to access online information while researching their first names meanings .
* to interact with other students online .
* to use English in an authentic way .
* to engage in simple research, writing, reading and creating through involvement in an interesting activity